Become a Certified Holistic Coach empowering "the whole person" to reach their full potential in all areas of their life encompassing the mental, emotional, physical, and spiritual levels.
Holistic Coach Newsletter
Subscribe now to receive weekly, complimentary coaching tips that will support you with continuing to develop your holistic coaching skills.
Holistic Coach Training Institute is an ICF Accredited Organization
“The Gold Standard In Coaching”
"ICF Credential-holders are part of a self-regulating group of elite coaches who provide accountability to clients and the coaching profession as a whole. They pursue and complete rigorous education and practice requirements that provide unquestioned legitimacy to their commitment to excellence in coaching." -ICF
ICF credential holders can be identified by the letters that follow their name in their professional title such as: “Jane Smith, ACC” for example (which in this example stands for Associate Certified Coach).
The Holistic Approach Is Effective In All Areas Of Coaching
Whether you’re a Holistic Coach, Life Coach, Health Coach, Business Coach, Executive Coach, Career Coach, Spiritual Coach, Recovery Coach, Leadership Coach, Relationship Coach, Wellness Coach or any other type of coach…
The Holistic Coach Certification Program equips you with professional-level coaching skills, experience, and confidence needed to empower the whole person to reach their full potential in all areas of their life encompassing the mental, emotional, physical, and spiritual levels.
10 Guiding Principles of Holistic Coaching
1. Transformation happens on the mental, emotional, spiritual and physical levels, taking the whole person into consideration.
Become a Certified Holistic Coach
Holistic Coach Certification Program - ICF Level 1 Accredited
The Holistic Coach Certification Program is a comprehensive, ICF accredited Level 1 program meeting all of your coach education requirements for your ACC (Associate Certified Coach) ICF Credential.
Develop professional-level coaching skills through video training materials, working remotely with peer practice partners, and attending live-online classes.
Become a Certified Holistic Coach who empowers "the whole person" to reach their full potential in all areas of their life encompassing the mental, emotional, physical, and spiritual levels.
The Holistic Coach Certification Program Includes:
- 72 hours of ICF accredited Level 1 coach education for ICF credentialing.
- 10 hours of mentorship for ICF credentialing.
- In-house performance evaluation for ICF credentialing.
- Holistic Coach Business Start-Up Course: Self-directed, online course that prepares you for success in the first years of your coaching business. Learn how to get your coaching business off the ground and running. Create your first offers and learn strategies to attract your first paying clients.
- Holistic Well-Being Routine Program: Valuable done-for-you coaching program to offer to your coaching clients. Receive outlines, demos and worksheets for this 6-session program that supports your clients with creating a holistic well-being routine based on the 4 levels.
Learn to coach the “whole person”, including the 4 levels of holistic well-being.
The 4 levels of holistic well-being help create greater awareness of "the whole person" which supports us inwardly aligning with our outer goals. Creating balance and well-being across all levels sets a stable foundation for us to work on realizing and actualizing our full potential.
Payment plan available.
Enrollment is open and there are no prerequisites. Cohort participants are limited to ensure the highest quality of your coach education experience. Early enrollment is recommended to secure your spot.
Enrolling Now - Next Cohort Starting Soon - Select "Learn More" below to view investment and start dates.
Perfect for: Individuals committed to earning a Holistic Coach Certification and an International Coaching Federation (ICF) Associate Certified Coach (ACC) coaching credential.
A message from our President
"Holistic Coach Training Institute sees you as whole, complete and resourceful right here, right now and believe you fully capable of coming up with your own creative solutions while being supported by the coaching partnership. We experience you as the authority in your own life and enjoy collaborating in a co-creative process that supports you in honing the beliefs, values and strengths that enhance your potential both personally and professionally."
If you have questions or would like to connect before enrolling then please schedule a no-cost, 30 minute discovery call to explore the program with us and receive support with your coaching journey.
Beverly Sartain, MA, CAP, PCC
Holistic Coaching Supports The 4 Levels Of Holistic Well-Being
M E N T A L
Resolving any unresolved issues in your consciousness
E M O T I O N A L
Accessing and acknowledging your emotions and energy
S P I R I T UA L
Connecting with a deeper sense of meaning through nature, beliefs or practices
P H Y S I CA L
Embodying a healthy and grounded body
The 4 levels of holistic well-being helps create greater awareness of "the whole person" which supports us inwardly aligning with our outer goals. Creating balance and well-being across all levels sets a stable foundation for us to work on realizing and actualizing our full potential.
The combination of inner and outer action is something that makes holistic coaching different from regular life coaching that tends to be more focused on outer action.
- What do we need to be thinking to reach our goal?
- What do we need to be feeling to reach our goal?
- What do we need to be experiencing spiritually to reach our goal?
- What do we need to be doing physically to reach our goal?
Most people focus on one level versus a combination of levels that will support us in actualizing what we truly want.
Holistic Coaching Empowers "The Whole Person" To Realize and Actualize Their Full Potential
Per the International Coaching Federation, “The who” or “whole person” refers to the client as a human being and could be understood as the client’s internal way of being. For example, when or how the client shows up in their world as a unique human being, informed by their context, identity, environment, experiences, values, beliefs, culture, self-expression, perceptions, gender, nationality, age, ethnicity, spiritual beliefs, etc. that influences or guides the way they: • Think • Create • Relate • Learn • Feel • Value • View their world • Choose to “be” in the world.
In Holistic Coaching, we consider this to be supporting Clients with self-realization. The realization of “who” they are.
Per the International Coaching Federation, “The what” refers to the client’s external way of doing. This could include the client’s: • Goals • Aspirations • Dreams • Challenges • Issues • Gaps • Desired external topic, focus, or goal for this session • Desired internal topic, focus, or goal for this session.
In Holistic Coaching, we consider this to be supporting Clients with self-actualization.
Accredited Coach Education And Credentialing Is Valuable
Clients feel that it's important for their Coach to be credentialed.
- Among those who have been in a coaching relationship, 83% said certification/credential is important
- For those aware of coaching but not yet been in coaching relationship, 76% considered certification/credential important
Clients are more satisfied with coaching experiences when their coach is credentialed. Clients are also more likely to recommend credentialed coaches.
- 88% of consumers who participated in a coaching relationship said they were satisfied with the experience
- 94% of consumers who participated in a coaching relationship with a credentialed coach said they were satisfied with the experience
Coaches who are credentialed have a higher-reported income compared to peers without a credential.
Credentialed coach practitioners:
- Command higher fees from coaching
- Report more clients and greater annual revenue from coaching
The coaching community expects professional coaches to be educated and credentialed.
- The vast majority of coach practitioners (77%) agree that the marketplace expects them to have a certification or credential.
- According the latest data, almost all coach practitioners (99%) reported receiving some form of coach-specific training.
- The main concern expressed by coach practitioners was untrained individuals who call themselves coaches. 44% expressed this was their main concern.
-Research provided by the International Coaching Federation
Holistic Coach Training Institute Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Justice Statement
Holistic Coach Training Institute is committed to upholding a diverse, equitable, inclusive, and just workplace where all staff members and those we serve are respected regardless of their gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, age, sexual orientation or identity, education or disability. We are a nondiscriminatory, equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice as central values from which we act when engaging our staff and the communities which we serve. We are committed to ongoing diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice education and training so that we can increase our organizational awareness and continue to optimize our policies and practices.
Holistic Coach Training Institute Statement On Ethics, Integrity, and Transparency
Holistic Coach Training Institute is committed to the highest universal standards of ethics, integrity, and transparency. We embrace an organizational learning and growth mindset where we continuously evaluate and improve the quality in all areas of our organization to enhance the experience of our team and those we serve.
Learn A Holistic Approach To The Updated ICF Core Competencies
1. Demonstrates Ethical Practice
Definition: Understands and consistently applies coaching ethics and standards of coaching
1. Demonstrates personal integrity and honesty in interactions with clients, sponsors and relevant stakeholders
2. Is sensitive to clients’ identity, environment, experiences, values and beliefs
3. Uses language appropriate and respectful to clients, sponsors and relevant stakeholders
4. Abides by the ICF Code of Ethics and upholds the Core Values
5. Maintains confidentiality with client information per stakeholder agreements and pertinent laws
6. Maintains the distinctions between coaching, consulting, psychotherapy and other support professions
7. Refers clients to other support professionals, as appropriate
2. Embodies a Coaching Mindset
Definition: Develops and maintains a mindset that is open, curious, flexible and client-centered
1. Acknowledges that clients are responsible for their own choices
2. Engages in ongoing learning and development as a coach
3. Develops an ongoing reflective practice to enhance one’s coaching
4. Remains aware of and open to the influence of context and culture on self and others
5. Uses awareness of self and one’s intuition to benefit clients
6. Develops and maintains the ability to regulate one’s emotions
7. Mentally and emotionally prepares for sessions
8. Seeks help from outside sources when necessary
B. Co-Creating the Relationship
3. Establishes and Maintains Agreements
Definition: Partners with the client and relevant stakeholders to create clear agreements about the coaching relationship, process, plans and goals. Establishes agreements for the overall coaching engagement as well as those for each coaching session.
1. Explains what coaching is and is not and describes the process to the client and relevant stakeholders
2. Reaches agreement about what is and is not appropriate in the relationship, what is and is not being offered, and the responsibilities of the client and relevant stakeholders
3. Reaches agreement about the guidelines and specific parameters of the coaching relationship such as logistics, fees, scheduling, duration, termination, confidentiality and inclusion of others
4. Partners with the client and relevant stakeholders to establish an overall coaching plan and goals
5. Partners with the client to determine client-coach compatibility
6. Partners with the client to identify or reconfirm what they want to accomplish in the session
7. Partners with the client to define what the client believes they need to address or resolve to achieve what they want to accomplish in the session
8. Partners with the client to define or reconfirm measures of success for what the client wants to accomplish in the coaching engagement or individual session
9. Partners with the client to manage the time and focus of the session
10. Continues coaching in the direction of the client’s desired outcome unless the client indicates otherwise
11. Partners with the client to end the coaching relationship in a way that honors the experience
4. Cultivates Trust and Safety
Definition: Partners with the client to create a safe, supportive environment that allows the client to share freely. Maintains a relationship of mutual respect and trust.
1. Seeks to understand the client within their context which may include their identity, environment, experiences, values and beliefs
2. Demonstrates respect for the client’s identity, perceptions, style and language and adapts one’s coaching to the client
3. Acknowledges and respects the client’s unique talents, insights and work in the coaching process
4. Shows support, empathy and concern for the client
5. Acknowledges and supports the client’s expression of feelings, perceptions, concerns, beliefs and suggestions
6. Demonstrates openness and transparency as a way to display vulnerability and build trust with the client
5. Maintains Presence
Definition: Is fully conscious and present with the client, employing a style that is open, flexible, grounded and confident
1. Remains focused, observant, empathetic and responsive to the client
2. Demonstrates curiosity during the coaching process
3. Manages one’s emotions to stay present with the client
4. Demonstrates confidence in working with strong client emotions during the coaching process
5. Is comfortable working in a space of not knowing
6. Creates or allows space for silence, pause or reflection
C. Communicating Effectively
6. Listens Actively
Definition: Focuses on what the client is and is not saying to fully understand what is being communicated in the context of the client systems and to support client self-expression
1. Considers the client’s context, identity, environment, experiences, values and beliefs to enhance understanding of what the client is communicating
2. Reflects or summarizes what the client communicated to ensure clarity and understanding
3. Recognizes and inquires when there is more to what the client is communicating
4. Notices, acknowledges and explores the client’s emotions, energy shifts, non-verbal cues or other behaviors
5. Integrates the client’s words, tone of voice and body language to determine the full meaning of what is being communicated
6. Notices trends in the client’s behaviors and emotions across sessions to discern themes and patterns
7. Evokes Awareness
Definition: Facilitates client insight and learning by using tools and techniques such as powerful questioning, silence, metaphor or analogy
1. Considers client experience when deciding what might be most useful
2. Challenges the client as a way to evoke awareness or insight
3. Asks questions about the client, such as their way of thinking, values, needs, wants and beliefs
4. Asks questions that help the client explore beyond current thinking
5. Invites the client to share more about their experience in the moment
6. Notices what is working to enhance client progress
7. Adjusts the coaching approach in response to the client’s needs
8. Helps the client identify factors that influence current and future patterns of behavior, thinking or emotion
9. Invites the client to generate ideas about how they can move forward and what they are willing or able to do
10.Supports the client in reframing perspectives
11.Shares observations, insights and feelings, without attachment, that have the potential to create new learning for the client
D. Cultivating Learning and Growth
8. Facilitates Client Growth
Definition: Partners with the client to transform learning and insight into action. Promotes client autonomy in the coaching process.
1. Works with the client to integrate new awareness, insight or learning into their worldview and behaviors
2. Partners with the client to design goals, actions and accountability measures that integrate and expand new learning
3. Acknowledges and supports client autonomy in the design of goals, actions and methods of accountability
4. Supports the client in identifying potential results or learning from identified action steps
5. Invites the client to consider how to move forward, including resources, support and potential barriers
6. Partners with the client to summarize learning and insight within or between sessions
7. Celebrates the client’s progress and successes
8. Partners with the client to close the session
Holistic Coach Certification Program Advanced - ICF Level 2 Accredited Program
Holistic Coach Certification Program Advanced Prerequisites:
In order to enroll in the Holistic Coach Certification Program Advanced, individuals must first complete the Holistic Coach Certification Program (Level 1) or have completed 60+ verifiable hours of ICF accredited coach education through another organization. The hours completed from our Level 1 program are transferred into the total accumulated Level 2 hours (72 hours from the Holistic Coach Certification Program + 66 hours from the Holistic Coach Certification Program Advanced will be 138 hours of ICF Level 2 accredited hours which can be used to apply for an ICF PCC via the Level 2 credentialing path).
Praise From A Few Of Our Holistic Coach Certification Program Students
"This program quite literally helped clear my path, not only professionally but spiritually. The insights and information that I gained throughout the program has influenced so many perspective shifts, so much forward movement, and awareness of my potential. I'm so immensely grateful for Beverly creating this space for others to heal, transform, and become the coaches they're destined to be!"
"If you are interested in developing a better understanding about the coaching world, learning how to hold space, and becoming skilled in holistic coaching, then HCTI is just for you! You will walk away with more insight, skills and knowledge than you ever imagined. Bev is a beautiful soul and she is an expert in this field!"
"Do you believe that all people are capable of becoming their highest self? Do you value seeing people holistically--from the body, mind, spirit, and emotional planes? Do you believe in the power of partnership to co-create positive changes for yourself and others? If so and you are considering a becoming a credential-based, ethics-grounded coach, the HCCP is the pathway forward for you."
Dr. Anna Patton
"The Holistic Coach Certification Program has been expertly put together to give you the tools to get you started on your coaching career. Some of the highlights for me were that you get to do coaching practice with a partner which really helps you to develop your skills. The trainer also gives you valuable feedback on your coaching sessions which helps you to identify what to improve on. You're provided with useful scripts which give ready made frameworks for different coaching sessions. In the live sessions, the groups are not too big which makes it nice and intimate. The 6 month format also allows you to do your training whilst continuing with your day job. I would recommend this program to anyone wanting to start a coaching career. This course not only enabled me to become a better coach but also to work on my personal and professional growth. So I learnt a lot about coaching but also about myself."
"After one conversation with Beverly, I knew that coaching aligned very well with my desires. It has taken some time for me to fully grasp the magnitude of why Coaching is essential for my life, and who I’m assigned to reach, but thanks to Beverly Sartain, the illumination of those revelations are abundantly clear today. Beverly, a master of presence, has walked me through the hard stuff in order to help me see all the great stuff ahead. I am pleased to introduce myself, my name is Sommer Sade’, Your Champion Coach, boldly stepping into what is mine and empowering you to step into what’s yours. Beverly Sartain is a thinker, innovator, futurist, change agent and a partnership with her is a decision to challenge the status quo and to move the needle in your life towards your dreams, passions and destiny."
"I was a new coach just starting out when I signed up for the Holistic Coach Certification Program with Bev. Although most don’t bother to get certified, it was important for me so that I was able to provide the most effective coaching space possible. This program fits the bill in two ways: It is ICF (International Coaching Federation) accredited. And, it covered core competencies, ethics, and standards in multiple learning modalities. I am now the Founder & Owner of Modern Alchemy Coaching, LLC where I co-create with those who are stuck in overwhelm in a thought provoking and creative process that inspires maximization of their personal and professional potential. Personally, I have found the most sacred relationships with Bev and peers of my cohort; where my love and respect were reflected back in equal measure. I celebrate the life I’ve built as a result of my learnings."
"I joined the Holistic Coach Certification Program because challenging myself and learning from other disciplines outside my area of expertise is where the growth opportunities occur. Through this fantastic program I’ve received challenge, support and encouragement to consider the possibilities of where my coaching can go- even as a veteran coach. Though I’ve been career coaching for some time, I signed up for the Holistic Coach Certification Program to show up for myself so I can continue to show up for others. I feel like I’ve achieved that plus the wonderful, unexpected, bonus of gaining a coaching community I can celebrate my wins with and coach through my challenges in a loving and guided way. Thank you Beverly, Richard and everyone else who makes the Holistic Coaching Institute what it is! You’re doing life-changing work and those around you see it, feel and are touched by it."
"Beverly is a trainer and coach of the highest integrity. I recently completed her certified holistic coach training. Not only did Beverly provide impactful training and highly relevant documentation to review and chart our progress, but she also proctored numerous opportunities to practice our coaching skills. I especially appreciated the ability to work throughout the program with a coaching partner. The feedback I received on my coaching competencies helped me approach coaching in a holistic way. I highly recommend connecting with Beverly as the BEST resource for coach certification that is also approved by the International Coaching Federation. This is not just education- this is hands-on application of concepts which can be used in numerous industries and niches, with employers or as a business owner."
I’m so impressed with Bev’s coaching philosophy and ability to hold space, coach, and lovingly help me identify my limiting beliefs. I’m so glad to have a role model like her in my business and life! It’s only about a month in, and I’m already experiencing massive shifts in my confidence and business. I wasn’t expecting that. Trust your gut. If it’s telling you to, do it. Almost everyone in my cohort has mentioned how they listened to their intuition, went for it, and are so glad they did. I’m one of those people, and I know this coaching program will be one of the reasons my business will be successful and impact countless people. My favorite part has been having a coaching partner & listening to others coach. It’s hands-on and very experiential!
"Do it! Join! This program helped me realize my full potential and my true passion in life which is helping others help themselves through a holistic approach. This program not only teaches you but guides you through the coaching process and experience. Being coached was a different experience for me. It really allowed me to come out of my shell and it helped bring back my spirituality. Beverly has been nothing but supportive and patient."
“Before I started the Holistic Coach Certification Program, I felt stuck, uncertain about my life, wondering if I would ever be able to start my own business. I dwelt in negativity and self-doubt. Since participating in the program, I am experiencing the enlightenment of growth in many areas of my life, such as self-worth, confidence, and love. This experience continues to influence ideas within me, to encompass the mental, physical, spiritual, and emotional wellbeing as one entity.”
“Before I started Beverly's program, I couldn't even call myself a Coach. Now I proudly say, I'm a Spiritual Life Coach. I am serving my purpose as a Spiritual Life Coach because of Beverly Sartain and her Coaching Development program. She preaches what she practices. And, it was important to me to learn from someone who is also doing it so well. I had no idea I would learn as much as I have, and grow and evolve in ways I never thought possible. Beverly is always there for support and is a life-changing Coach and Mentor.”
Contact us with any questions. We're always happy to support your coaching journey!
The Holistic Coach Certification Program is ICF Accredited. Accrediting organization is not recognized by the US Department of Education. The Florida State Board of Education does not recognize accreditation organizations that are not recognized by and in good standing with the US Department of Education. While many coaching organizations do require ICF credentials for employment, we can not guarantee employment or business outcomes.